So we all know that – despite speaking the same language – there are tons of cultural differences between the UK and the USA.
For the fourth time now, 66-year old American tourist Scott Waters has visited the UK and stayed over at his friend’s house in Cornwall. He traveled all around the country and went to visit sites as London, Oxford and Leicestershire.
He shared his (random) thoughts and adventures on Facebook which somehow managed to go viral and accumulate more than 77.000 likes and 50.000 shares.
Here’s some random observations about the United Kingdom according to an 66 year old American man
- All the cars are build backwards, that’s why they drive on the left!
- Cider is really good!
- The trains actually work: a three minute delay is regrettable
- Radio is still a big deal. The BBC is quite good
- Everything is generally older, smaller and shorter
- The pubs close too early!
- Obama is considered a hero, Bush is considered an idiot (who blames them…)
- Everything comes with chips, which are French fries. You put vinegar on them